The Transforming the Collection of Student Information (TCSI) Project
Update: June 2020
The CAUDIT Student Data SIG remain an active community at a time when the TCSI Project should be nearing completion. Due to the impact of COVID-19 this project will push through well into 2021.
The next CAUDIT Student Data SIG on Monday 7 July 2020 will feature an update from Maureen Wood, TCSI Project.
The TCSI Project released a newsletter update in June confirming key dates as follows:
- HEPCAT will be available to report all 2020 data
- 2020 data must be reported by 31 January 2021, and verified no later than 31 March 2021 (to be formalised in a Ministerial notice to be released shortly)
- 2020 higher education Student submissions in HEPCAT can be reported from Monday 15 June 2020
- Institutions planning to be TCSI early adopters are likely to commence in December 2020.
To join the CAUDIT Student Data SIG: https://www.caudit.edu.au/student-data
The CAUDIT Student Data SIG’s April update from Maureen Wood:
The TCSI project provided an update on the impact of COVID-19. The details presented provide a summary of the key points to assist Institutions in planning and reporting student data.
Extended deadline to verify 2019 data
- Encouraged to complete submission and verification of all 2019 no later than 31 May 2020
- The reporting continues to be through HEPCAT
Reporting 2020 Higher Education data
- The first two reporting periods (census dates from 01 January – 30 June) will be consolidated into a single half-year data submission due by 31 August 2020
- The reporting will be through HEPCAT
- HEPCAT will open 30 June 2020 for that submission
- The last two reporting periods (census dates 01 July – 31 December) can be reported in HEPCAT for most Institutions or TCSI for early adopters
- All Institutions are expected to report using TCSI for reporting period 1 (census dates 01 January – 31 March) in 2021
- Early adopters will report the last two reporting periods (census dates 01 July – 31 December) in 2020
- Unique Student Identifiers (USI) will be included in 2021 with all students having USI’s be 2023
- Address validation will be looked at in 2020 but unlikely for 2021
Most of these details have been corroborated through the TCSI update 02 April 2020