LSI 360-degree feedback tool
An integral component of the program is the completion of a 360-degree feedback tool called the Leadership Skills Inventory (LSI). The LSI will give us some data about your behavioural style at work. This will be a great opportunity to look at how you currently operate and identify areas to work on which will improve your effectiveness. It is a very powerful tool and one I know you will get a lot out of such as:
- Gain a thorough understanding of the LSI and the theory behind its development.
- Receive and analyse your LSI feedback from “Self” and from “Others”
- Identify key areas for development as well as areas of strength
- Develop action plans for development to be implemented in the workplace.
It's important to set a benchmarking place for you to start from. But we take it a step further by performing a re-test at the end of the 7 month program as a measure of how much you have increased your self-awareness and effectiveness over the course of the program. Further action plans will be developed.
Foundations of Effective Management
Our leadership is a reflection of our own motivations, beliefs, attitudes, capabilities and behaviours. The process of personal development starts with self-awareness rippling out to an acknowledgement and acceptance of our discoveries and the action we may want to take in order to achieve different results in our life.
The Foundations of Management and Leadership module is designed to explore the concepts of leadership and management and to identify the key elements of leadership and how to apply these.
- The Concepts of Leadership and Management…is there a difference?
- Article review
- Identifying key components of leadership and management and how to apply these
- Examination of theories of leadership and management
- Discussion of Lessons in Leadership project.
(New) Leader as Coach
Leaders at every level will need to be able to get the most out of the people they work with. This module is designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge to more effectively coach in different situations.
- Identification and understanding of the role of coaching and how it differs from mentoring, training, teaching, counseling and other functions of a leader.
- So, what is coaching – really?
- Practical exercise to highlight a number of important aspects about what coaching is – and what it isn’t!
- What do we know about people and their motivations?
- Models of coaching – “Input” and “Output” models
- The GROW coaching model – analysed.
The learning organisation values the contributions and commitment of the whole person, acknowledging that their employee’s personal and professional lives are interdependent. Supporting an employee’s development in self-awareness, coping and balancing skills today is as critical as ensuring they have the technical expertise to perform their role.
This module is also designed to develop the participant’s Awareness of their physical, emotional and mental health; Balancing their work, home and play; and developing their own Coping strategies to enhance personal and professional performances.
- Identify the components of a balanced lifestyle.
- Learn to recognise wellness inhibitors and develop your own practical solutions.
- Understand your own and others preference towards managing themselves and time.
- Identifying what stress is and what contributes to it
- Managing environmental, interpersonal & personal stress factors
- Getting the balance right in our lives
- Identifying and managing distorted thinking patterns
- Explore achieving the balance of ‘working on the business’ with ‘working in the business’.
The Art of Influence
This module is designed to provide participants with a range of skills and strategies, which will provide a more effective path to successfully influencing others. Principles of communication skills are integrated with NLP techniques to provide a unique program of interpersonal development.
- The 6-step process to communicating effectively, including sticky situations
- This session covers listening and questioning skills
- Interactive exercises will be included
- The four styles to communicating
- How to adapt your preferred style to build rapport more quickly with others
- Getting through to different people.
One of the biggest challenges facing Managers today is managing their people! Being able to effectively have conversations with staff around performance, work issues, challenges they face and enhancing productivity, is one of the most important skills any Manager can acquire.
The Straight Talk workshop is based on a number of leading processes and constructs that have proven to be effective in holding conversations with staff that may prove challenging.
- Examine key elements of employee engagement.
- Use a diagnostic framework when preparing for straight talk.
- Identify key elements for planning a difficult conversation.
- Practice straight talk conversations
(New) Successful Meetings
Be fast, be effective and run your meetings to deliver the outcomes that you and your teams need. Surveys indicate that employees spend on average between 6 and 20 hours per week in meetings. These same surveys reveal that the majority of employees feel the time they spend in meetings is unproductive. (Society Human Resource Management).
- Key hints and tips to run effective meetings
- Understand the role of the Chair
- Managing the meeting and the people in it.
- Opportunity to practice facilitating meetings
Empowered for Success
In this module, participants will present back to the group their “Lessons in Leadership”. Lessons in Leadership is designed to have participants apply their learnings to real-life leadership situations at work. They then report back to the group on lessons learned with the aim of other participants also learning new techniques and approaches to their own leadership.
(New) Goal Mapping
Where to from here? Be future focused on how you can incorporate your new perspective and understanding of self and those around you and how you can be proactive in the future. Map out a practical and deliverable plan to start/continuing to make positive changes in your career and life!
By creating a Goal Map, you develop a clear plan of what you want, why you want it, when and how you intend to achieve it, and who will support you in the process.
- Understand the Goal Mapping process
- Utilise the unique approach to goal setting, designed to connect your consciously chosen goals to your subconscious mind.
- Create personal and professional goals, from both a left and right brain perspective
An integral aspect of the CAUDIT Managers Program is the networking available to participants over the course of the program. Not only with others from the program but also with staff from other universities. As a participant, you will be connected with staff from each of the host institutions for a face-to-face catch-up depending on your individual work portfolio. These personal and direct networking opportunities are created and maintained for many years to come and are of immense benefit to all involved.
Throughout the entire program you will be supported and guided with individualised one-on-one coaching sessions.