Although for the second year running COVID-19 put a stop to a physical awards ceremony, and we weren’t able to dance on the ‘virtual’ tables, the sector was still able to celebrate the 2021 CAUDIT Awards in style.
Over 100 attendees came together to acknowledge the outstanding work of those working in digital technology in CAUDIT member institutions. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves spending time catching up with colleagues from across Australasia.
Now in its’ third year the Awards were developed to recognise the digital transformation initiatives in CAUDIT member institutions having a positive impact on students, academics and professional staff. Instrumental to this is appreciating the individuals and teams working in this space, as all too often they seemed to fall below the radar.
The CAUDIT Awards provide a vehicle for members to showcase and elevate to a national level the exceptional work being done in their own organisation to all CAUDIT member organisations and others working in the sector.
With the help of our Award sponsors, the generous cash prize of $4,500 provides recipients with professional development opportunities, further enriching their career and value to their institution.
While there were many, many outstanding nominations received, there can only be one recipient per category.
The recipients of the 2021 CAUDIT Awards are:
Improving Student Success
- University of Canterbury - Analytics for Course Engagement (ACE): A predictive and proactive approach to student success by the Kia Angitu – Student Success Programme Team
Innovation in Teaching and Learning
- Griffith University - Backbone Toolkit (Location Explorer and Response Tool) by the Learning Futures - Development Team
Excellence in Research Support
- The University of Newcastle - Automated Field of Research Classifier
- The University of Melbourne - SmartCampus - An IoT / Digital Data platform used in the day-to- day operations of the University of Melbourne by the Smart Campus Team
- Fadi Alja'fari - Deakin University
We’d like to extend our heartfelt thanks to everyone who supported and helped contribute in bringing the 2021 CAUDIT Awards to life. From the nominees and nominators, sponsors, judges, the CIOs who supported their team members, the CAUDIT Executive, and the many individuals working tirelessly on digital transformation initiatives within their organisations, that ultimately is the foundation for the CAUDIT Awards.
We congratulate this years’ finalists and recipients and look forward to doing it all again next year!