The CAUDIT P3M Community of Practice serves as a medium to facilitate and foster collaboration between Portfolio, Program and Project Managers from CAUDIT member organisations. Engagement by the Community will focus on trends, risks, threats, impacts, controls and good practices associated with all aspects of project management related to people, process and technology.
The group operates as a collaborative work unit and seeks to provide a forum to formally and informally share experiences, knowledge and skills amongst CAUDIT member organisations, and to capture opportunities and make recommendations on good practice and improvements through this process.
The CAUDIT P3M Community of Practice (CoP) is a group open to the staff from CAUDIT Member institutions.
Established under the general direction of CAUDIT, the CoP is self-governing with a voluntary Chair, and members each holding an IT or other relevant related position relevant to Portfolio, Program and/or Project Management.
The CoP members are responsible for fulfilling the following terms of reference:
1) Promote increased awareness and understanding of the state of Portfolio, Program and Project Management and associated issues within the group, as well as more broadly within member organisations.
2) Support the mission of member organisations by maintaining a continuously improving Community of Practice in relation to Portfolio, Program and Project Management services in the higher education and research sector; sharing knowledge, skills, expertise, experiences, plans, policies, procedures and practices.
3) Open Access Repository – Publish and make available any artefacts produced by the Community of Practice.
4) Identify and undertake CAUDIT approved collaborative and learning initiatives likely to improve overall effectiveness.
5) Provide a single cohesive and integrated national higher education reference point for Australian and New Zealand University Portfolio, Program and Project Management representation, with the aim of broader representation, collaboration and integration with other national and international initiatives as appropriate.
How the Community Operates
The CAUDIT P3M CoP will engage at least quarterly, with interim meetings by agreement. Engagement will be a combination of face-to-face and videoconference format. Additional meetings will be scheduled as required.
In addition to formal meetings, the group will seek to collaborate via email or other collaborative work tools. Where required, support for project activities will be shared amongst the group members.
The group shall report to CAUDIT on activities and progress as required and acknowledges the ‘CAUDIT Supporting Communities Policy’.
Endorsed by the CAUDIT Executive Committee on 13/04/2018