Central to achieving CAUDIT's mission of enabling digital capabilities to transform education and research is the support of our Member Representatives who actively engage in our programs including Members’ Members’ Meetings, the CAUDIT Leadership Institute, events and as Members of the Executive Committee.
The CAUDIT Meritorious Service Awards seek to recognise former Member Representatives who have made significant contributions to CAUDIT and the sector, and have helped bring our mission to life.
Last week at the 2023 Autumn Members' Meeting dinner we proudly presented Meritorious Service Awards to Paul Sherlock, Adrian Dillon and Pat Gould in recognition of their outstanding and prolonged support of the sector.
We’ve outlined some of their contributions and achievements below.
Paul Sherlock was at the University of South Australia for over 20 years and CIO from February 2013 to December 2021. Paul was an active member of CAUDIT including being the author of the CAUDIT complexity index, member of the global CHEITA benchmarking working group and part of the project team that established the Australian Access Federation (AAF).
- CAUDIT President 2008 - 2010
- CLI Faculty 2004 – 2008
- Chair of the Benchmarking Advisory Committee 2014 – 2021
- Microsoft Initiative 2019
- Study tour 2017
- Regular attendee of CAUDIT Member Meetings
- Chair of SABRENet Ltd
- Director of the Australian Access Federation (AAF)
- Director eResearch South Australia
- Steering Committee Member Australian National Data Service (ANDS)
- AARNet Advisory Committee Member
- Member Australian eResearch Infrastructure Council
Adrian Dillon worked at the University of Tasmania from May 1998 until his retirement this year. Adrian held many positions during that time including Acting CIO in 2012-13, Deputy Chief Information Officer 2013-19, Acting CIO 2019, and CIO from 2019 until his retirement this year.
- Member Representative 2012, 2019-2023
- CLI 2022 (continuing to 2026 in current planning cycle)
- 2020 SMM Program Committee
- Australian Access Federation Board Member – 2022 to present
Pat Gould worked at Charles Darwin University from 1999 until March 2023. When Pat commenced it was the Northern Territory University with Pat as a VET Lecturer. Pat moved to ITS 3 years later. From 2008 Pat was the Chief Information Officer and Director and the CAUDIT Member Representative.
- Member Representative 2008 – 2023
- BMAC 2018-2021
- UFIT forums participation
- 2019 ITMS won an NT Award for Digital Excellence. This award recognised the adoption of the Skills for the Information Age framework (SFIA) as a baseline for all IT positions.
- Support for emerging economies including Timor Leste through the provisioning of refurbished IT computing infrastructure.
CAUDIT Meritorious Service Award Recipients: